Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Guatemala fundraising events!

Hello!
Hope this find each of you enjoying the amazingly beautiful weather!
I am writing to let you know about a few upcoming events I have scheduled to raise funds for my May 2012 Guatemala service team.  If you can participate in one or all of them, I would be very grateful!

Paparazzi Jewelry & Accessories Basket Parties
I have become an independant consultant for this amazing line of jewelry & hair accessories. Beautify yourself or give a sweet gift without the guilt! Every item is only $6 (tax included), cash, credit card or a check and carry! Call me to arrange for an open house (612.709.0914) or I can put together a basket of items for you to sell at your office to earn a discount on your own purchase!
March 31st craft sale: (need shoppers and crafters for the event!)
April 1st & April 7th , 2012 from 10am to 6pm my team will be bagging groceries at Cub Foods  in Coon Rapids (Northdale location on the 1st & Riverdale location on the 7th)
I need a few more volunteers to help us bag groceries as well as people to come and shop and make a small donation to our cause.  If you can volunteer a few hours, please email me with your availability.
New Face of Guatemala Cinco de Mayo 5k & Family Fun Fest
May 5th, 2012 from 10am to 12:30pm
You don't want to miss this amazing event!!! It's not just a run, there will be something for everyone! Kids 1k, silent auction, raffles, walking nachos, non-alcoholic Margueritas! Here is the link for details and to register:
http://www.active.com/running/cambridge-mn/new-face-of-guatemala-cinco-de-mayo-5k-and-family-fun-fest-2012

Online donations
If you are unable to attend one of the events listed above and still wish to support my work please consider donating online, any amount (even a few dollars) makes a huge difference in helping the poorest of the poor in this world. (Did you know that $5 can buy groceries for a week for a family in Guatemala?) Your money will go directly to helping me help families!  Here is the link to donate: http://www.active.com/donate/shawnjohnson

Please feel free to share this information with friends & family! I have fliers & jpg's to post on your facebook, etc if you will, just email me @ guatemalashawn@gmail.com so I can send them to you! I appreciate the help getting the word out!  I hope to see you at one of these events!  Thanks so much!
:)  Shawn Johnson
Service Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment