Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reflecting on Reflections...

As the reflection papers and testimonies slowly trickle in, I take them in one at a time and personally reflect upon each of my team member's experiences in Guatemala.  Hearing how God changed someone's life, how God gave someone the strength to be bold, how God intervened in a crisis situation, how God used someone in the perfect time, how God used someone's fear to help someone grow nearer to Him is so amazing to hear!  I am in utter awe just knowing there are many more testimonies than the eye can see, the mouth can speak or our forgetful minds can remember!  As a leader the burdens can be heavy and the responsibility and stress can easily take the joy out of the experience all too quickly.  When I begin to feel these things stealing away from the joy that God has abundantly poured over this experience and all persons involved I need to remind myself to stop for a moment and pray.  Prayer has been something I must say was a very bright theme throughout this trip for everyone.  Someone on my team said "I never thought my prayers really worked until I witnessed and heard them working while I was in Guatemala!".    I feel my heart leap for joy when I think of this!!!  From reading the testimonies and reflection papers it is so very obvious that God did amazing works not just through us but deep within us! I look forward to being able to sit quietly for a week and digest as much as I possibly can about this year's experience and share it in meaningfully written stories on this blog page.  As for now, I will pray that God will allow me that opportunity in the near future to put my thoughts and experiences in writing to share! Thank you for your love and support. <3 Shawn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment